Sunday 5 February 2012

Snow day!

So I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and post a pretty picture of a snow-filled London, cos everyone loves a pretty picture of snow, don't they?

Photo 1: the view from my bedroom window this morning. Lovely!

I decided to take a short meander to Regent's Park with S to play in the snow (well, trample in it at least). I seem to be incapable of wearing appropriate footwear. If it is snowing outside, you'll probably see me out in flip flops, if it's the hottest day of the year, I'll probably be covered up in my wellies. What's up with that?! I'm talking like I can't control it, but when it comes to footwear my mind rebels and I only regret it when I can't feel my toes. Like today. *not weird or anything*

I didn't quite wear flip flops, but I wore 'school shoes' with a pair of trainer socks (trendy, yup) and my feet were absolutely soaked and freezing by the time I got home.

Anyway, enough of my stupidity, here's a photo of a gorgeous snow covered Regent's Park

It was actually quite quiet. I expected to see a lot more kiddies playing in the snow. I really enjoyed that little walk, despite feeling freez-a-leez. On the way back we saw 2 policemen guarding a house. They had GUNS across their chest! Eek. I wonder who they were guarding...I tried to look up 'famous people who live in Avenue Road' on google, but I didn't get any noteworthy results, ha!

Today I also rifled through my make up bags in search of a lipstick, and I stumbled across my Mac 'Ruby Woo' red lipstick. I've only worn this a few times, and each time someone has persuaded me that it doesn't suit me. Granted it's usually a male (my brother or boyfriend) but I quite like it. It's a vibrant 'out there' colour, but I thought it would suit me because of my pale skin...apparently not!

What do you (honestly!) think?

Yeah, not the best of photos. If I'm going to start blogging more often (which I hope to do) then I should stop taking photos w/out make-up, messy hair and in my pjs!

I'm looking for a nice nude colour for my lips, something that I can wear every day. I'm going to go to Westfield have a browse after work this week. I'll definitely keep my eye on Topshop lipsticks and of course Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment