Saturday 18 February 2012

Fighting the cold...Snuggle Slip Blankets

I don't know about you, but I have been freezing my socks off during the last few weeks. I am not used to, nor partial to, temperatures below freezing! I know it's probably a lot colder where you are, but feeling cold is subjective and if you want to get rid of it, you want to get rid of it.

This is one of my weapons for fighting the cold: the snuggle slip blanket. It is a mix between a normal blanket, a jumper and a vampire's cape. Trust me, this thing is long. I know I am a shortie, but take a look at this:

It's loooooong people. But that's all right though, becuase the extra length of material can simply be swooped around you to create double layers and even more warmth. Win. Just don't stand up and run unexpectedly, or it will result in a nasty trip (yeah, I did that). Also, it does tend to leave red bobbles on dark clothing, but after the first wash that settles down.

I got mine for christmas, but you can buy them from loads of places, just type in 'snuggle slip blanket' into Google.

My one is now like an extension of me (and I often layer by Spongebob blanket on top too). A weird sight for visitors, but a warm weird sight at least.

22 comments:

  1. Love the orange colour - it does look super warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha love this, looks hilarious but delightfully warm!! xx

    http://boscy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks very snuggly indeed... had a cold last week, not nice! I had a loads of fresh squized orange juice nurofen for cold and flu and of course lemsip, that has helped the recovery... hope you will be better soon!
    x Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, nice! I'm not one for cold either and have all sorts of things to keep me warm. I'm mostly wrapped up in a blanket, but I have this super thick dressing gown kind of thing too. And a foot warmer, that basically looks like a stuffed animal, but you can stick both your feet in and it's awesome:)

    Spring should be here soon enough though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so warm and cosy! My mums got one similar and when I wore it I totally had the same 'jump up and run...and then trip and fall' incident haha.

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so comfy, my boyfriend's mum has a blue one. I love that they have sleeves so your arms don't get cold!

    xo

    http://catsandbrogues.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I WANT one! My house is freezing in the winter, this looks perfect!

    Sarah x

    www.smallestsarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. there's nothing better than wrapping yourself in a blanket during winter. love the colour of yours!

    http://scarletredblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a snuggie xx I love it - keeps me so cosy xx
    Really love your blog xx Wanted to invite you to check out my beauty blog sale xx Lots of Essie, OPI, Leighton Denny, etc xx Hope to see you there xx Maybe we can follow each other xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. snuggie :) I like the way you said that: an extension of me :) haha x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post made me laugh :)
    It has been super cold in England and especially down here in the South East in the last month! I have been wrapped up in my blanket for the majority of winter and avoiding going out :P

    P.s I also love Big Ben, no matter how many times I see it I am just like WOW :O

    Also, thank-you for your lovely comment on my blog :L I enjoyed your clock ramblings!

    Hailes<3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for following :D Following your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice blog <3 xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love traipsing round my house in one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey xx You left a comment on my blog sale xx Let me know if you would like the polish as someone is interested in the OPI one xxx
    Just incase you still want it xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always have 1 blanket with me :)) cant help it haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey thanks soo much for following and your sweet comment dear!
    I really like your blog too - you got yourself a new follower aswell :)

    best wishes
    xxx
    chloé

    ReplyDelete
  18. love those blankets!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oohhhh I need one of these! Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm following you now too.

    ReplyDelete