Tuesday 28 February 2012

Jack Wills

I know that people have mixed opinions about Jack Wills, the 'fabulously British' company.  I know I do. I see girls in my area who dress top to toe in the brand, with their Jack Wills hoodies and slouchy pants, ugg boots and cool messy top knot. I hear people complaining about how 'ra' they are. But here's the thing- and I hate to admit it- I think they look all right. Even-dare I say it-pretty cool! (though I could never pull off the look myself.)

I quite like JW, bar the really expensive prices; for what you get it is staggeringly pricey.

I have a few JW items- some pjs, 2 hoodies, a pair of shorts and a tee. That's more than I thought. I actually got a JW hoody for Christmas and my grandma wasn't impressed. She's not a fan of hoodies and when she saw me with it on she exclaimed 'who is this Jack Wills you're seeing then?' That made me chuckle. But I am essentially walking around with a man's name on my back, yes!

As I've purchased a few things from them before, they send me this catalogue, which they've called 'Spring Term Handbook'. Another reminder that I am no longer a university student, sobsob.

One thing about the models who pose in this- they are so achingly cool. The first twenty or so (it seems) pages in this book are devoted to glossy pictures of beautiful people having fun in Jack Wills clothes. Buy into the image? Yes please....;)

Look at them just frolicking around, all cool and pretty. My spongebob blanket (which seems to be in all my pics at the moment-sorry!) and S's grandad slippers in the background show how not cool I am, ha!

I have had my eye on something slightly unusual for me:

This yellow mac. I can imagine wearing it with welly boots on a camping trip. Or at the seaside on a typical British rainy day.

(Sorry for the shadows in these pics by the way). These dresses are gorgeous, but will set you back £98.  I have a dress like the one on the far left. I got it from Topshop for £25 or something in the sale. I'm looking forward to wearing colourful little dresses again *bring on summer*

And I am still in love with the Jack Wills blazers, especially the tweed one-the 'Best of British' look. I would wear it with a pair of jeans and a basic plain tee. If I had the fricking confidence to wear jeans! Soon, people, soon...

So what do you think of Jack Wills? Rip off or the seller of 'fabulously British' clothes?

I'll announce the winner of my giveaway at the end of this week. 

 http://weareunderthewillowtrees.blogspot.com/2012/02/ootd-leather-and-giveaway.html

22 comments:

  1. I love Jack Wills, their clothes are really really well made and have lasted longer than any other clothes I've bought. Also, their sales are absolutely phenomenal - think pj bottoms reduced from £50 to £20! I usually tend to stock up a little when they do have a sale on because, let's face it, their clothes aren't cheap at full price! xx

    http://boscy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look really sweet in your JW hoodie in a post further down! It really suits you!
    It's not my kind of thing if I'm honest - it's terrible expensive and not edgy enough for me - but I agree that the look and the idea they sell really works! =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like their clothes and their Britishness. I used to shop in Jack Wills, and then it became trendy with teenagers and the prices doubled. Disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's overrated and expensive for what they are.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted a Jack Wills piece of clothing but can never afford one haha, where I live they go all JW crazy, but its all fake ahaha.

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Jack Wills but I think it is far too expensive xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dear, I found your blog by chance, while peeking others and I decided to check it out! I’m glad I did it, because I am really delighted with yours. It's beautiful, well structured, interesting, sweet amazing [probably your own qualities right?] and it has completely got me hooked. I think we're going to get along just fine! ;) I'd like to invite you to follow each other. I’d be very pleased. I wish you lots of success and will surely come back often kisses
    Miriamstella

    is fashion my Passion? the MiriamStella's Blog
    MY FACEBOOK FAN PAGE CLICK HERE

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this brand, but the pieces are so pretty!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think some of their stuff are really cute but I don't get the whole body warmer thing. I don't think they suit anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These dresses are adorable, I want one!!! <3

    http://memoiresdecouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not usually a fan, primarily because I really don't like brands that feel the need to write slogans across my bum, but I have to admit those dresses are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ive never heard of the brand but i do like the jackets they have.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love this brand!!!

    x0x0

    BarcelonaBrunettes
    www.barcelonabrunettes.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those dresses are so cute! Check my blog and follow me if you want!
    Ioana

    http://www.fashionspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo....we don't get that brand here but it looks pretty awesome. That yellow mac is super pretty! I can see why you like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I quite like the brand and I am over 30! - especially aubin&wills.

    Still, remember that the whole point of these shoots is to create an aura of cool and exclusivity, for which they include locations, interiors and oh so effortless styling in an effort to induce you to purchase the clothes. It's just another ruse to make you feel as though you haven't quite bought enough! Sadly, when we buy the clothes, they rarely if ever bring that aura of perfection into our real lives. But it's nice to look!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like the photo shoots, but im not a great fan of the brand

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never bought anything from them, but the catalog looks great! Thank you for sharing :) xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
  19. I quite like Jack Wills for some stuff.. This lookbook looks very nice!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Never heard of this catalog, but the clothes look super cute!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it's a brand I love to hate, mainly because I love the clothes but can't afford them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jack wills is so expensive! one day i'll buy something... one day! and thankyou! i took the photos near my house i look mega cool with a tripod looking a bit crazy when all the dog walkers come past! hahahahhaha

    thanks for the comment on my blog,
    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete