Saturday 25 February 2012

Haul- Topshop and Forever 21

So I went on one of my Friday evening shopping sprees again (it's getting bad! Shopping cheers me up, so it's ok, right?) I could feel the week slide away from me as I roamed around in Topshop, though I didn't buy any jeans like I had planned to, as it made me look like sausage leg lady. No, I'll leave the jeans for a slimmer time!

I did, however, purchase this lovely little slouchy jumper.


I am the queen of slouchy jumpers. I adore them. I practically live in them. It's not just the way they look, though I love that too (you can team with jeans, skirts, shorts, basically anything) but the way it makes me feel, which is, in a word, comfortable. Me. I feel like I can relax when I'm in them and still feel a little bit stylish.

I also got rather excited as I approached the makeup section in Topshop. I am having a love affair with nail polish and lipstick at the moment, it seems, and so I headed straight for those. As usual, Topshop have a great and rather vast selection of both.

My loot:

*Enchanted lipstick in 'charmed'
*Lips-shade Nevada
*Lips-shade Innocent
*Nails-shade Peaches and Cream
*Nails-shade Bees Knees

This is the first time that I have tried the Enchanted range. The colour charmed is an orangey shade, and I must admit I was partly tempted to buy this because next to the counter was a photo of a gorgeous blonde, pale model wearing the shade and looking great. Made me think it would look similar on me (due to the tones, not looks!) and I hope it is.

It's a great colour for summer, and I think it'd look good with either basics (a plain white tee and denim shorts) or a cute summery dress.

The first swatch is in shade 'innocent' which is a nice pinky colour, the Nevada is second, which is a more nude colour and the Enchanted shade is third, though it is a lot more orange than it appears in this photo. All in all, pretty excited to try out all of these.

I also ventured into Forever 21 (which was BOILING, even the sales assistants were complaining). But that didn't stop me from buying 2 brightly coloured jersey dresses (blue and yellow-I will do an outfit post tomorrow) and these funky patterned tights. I love me some patterned tights!

O.k, I've waffled on a bit here! If you read this far, you have the patience of a saint and I thank you :)

30 comments:

  1. Peaches and Cream looks like such a gorgeous colour! Topshop nail polishes are one of my favourites, their colour selection is so good and they're so long wearing xx

    http://boscy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those nail colours. And those tights are so pretty, I'm really liking the black ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These 2 nail polishes are awesom !! I need to go down to have a look at Topshop's range =)

    Thanks a lot for stopping by my blog and commenting ! I had a good time last night hehe !! I hope you're having a good weekend too !

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  4. hallo dear! nice blog! iam following!! follow me back if you like!!!!
    thank you!

    http://underfashionarrest.blogspot.com/
    http://underfashionarrest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww what a gorgeous blog! Love all the outfits and photos. Thanks for visiting, I will follow you too <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the nailpolishes!!!^^

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul. I want that jumper for myself:) Following you now on GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thankyou for sharing dear.. :)

    follow each other dear? i follow u already,follow me back?thankyou:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also went shopping yesterday..
    I loved your jumper and nailpaints
    You look cute..
    xoxo...

    http://www.styleswinger.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  10. you chose some lovely shades of makeup! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your F21 patterned tights!

    thanks for the comment on my blog,
    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i love it ! the sweater looks gorgeous and I love the f21 tights on the left :D

    xxx
    chloƩ

    ReplyDelete
  13. great haul, i love forever 21

    thanks for visiting my blog, now following ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the pastel nail polishes! topshop make up always has such lovely names too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been checking out your reviews! Love them! You have a follower!
    Thanks
    Natalie
    http://exquisitusfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha! Love it :) I had my Friday "shopping spree" as well... Only in forever21 and some shoe store :D There were great sales and I agree I get cheered up!! Great blog, thanks for commenting on mine and I would love to follow each other!
    xo Veronica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. really really like those nail polish colors... I am currently having withdraws since I haven't bought a color in over a month...

      Delete
  17. Shopping makes me happy too! I <3 retail therapy!!!

    PS - I'm glad my running post are inspiration! Get it girl!!!

    xoxo
    A-

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love topshop makeup; fab buys!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the enchanted lipstick, I have a thing for orange lipsticks, I think they look great!

    xo

    http://catsandbrogues.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. the jumper is gorgeous
    and i'm loving the colours of the lipstick :)

    xxx

    international giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Slouchy jumpers too <3

    Thank you so very much for stopping by :) I am following you back :)

    Just a little suggestion though, try making the size of the pictures to an XL :)

    Love
    Sehar

    http://sbique.blogspot.com/
    http://sbique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely jumper:)

    Following you:)
    It would be so nice, if you follow me back:)

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love slouchy jumpers, love the Topshop nail polish! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. YAY! New makeup is the BEST!

    XO,
    Erin
    erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete