Tuesday 21 February 2012

Glossybox February

My lovely boyfriend bought me a Glossybox subscription (without really knowing what he was letting himself in for I think!) in Novemeber. Apart from being rather underwhelmed with the first one (bath salts, unsuitable cream) I have loved every other one.

And I'm a little bit excited about this one, even if I don't quite know what to do with some of the products :D

Here it is in all its glory:

Excuse the ever-present slipper or blanket in the background!

The first item I will speak about is the one I have upon my lips right now- the Duwop Venom Gloss. A minute a go I thought Jebus, my lips are burning! They still are in fact. I didn't see this in the info leaflet that comes with the box at first, but my friend, there is an asterix leading to some small print. And the small print asks me to kindly 'note that the lip venom may cause a light tingling sensation'. So there we go. I have to admit I rather like the tingle!

The gloss is a glittery nudey/browny (so eloquent!) colour in the tube, but I don't think this really translated to the lips. It does give a highly shiny finish though.

Er, again sorry for the oh so exciting background of my laptop. It's difficult (for me) to take photos in this light. I love the look of it in the tube.

Here's how it looks on the lips: glossy and shiny!

*pause in post-2 hours later*

The lip gloss has just had a bit of a test! I ran to Nando's (not because I love it that much, though it is good; S had been waiting for a while, and sometimes walking is just too slow.) with the wind blowing in my face. And my hair, which promptly stuck to my lips. That's the only real downside to this; it's a bit sticky and so if you run or the wind blows you may suddenly get a mouthful of hair.

The second product that I tried was the BM Beauty pigment in a glittery, lilac colour:


I hope I've managed to capture how glittery and lovely it is! Actually, it is a very similar colour to my laptop. So the background is helpful for something at least ;)

The other products that I haven't yet used include:

Paul Mitchell Super Shiny Relaxing Balm

This is described as 'intense hydrating treatment for your hair' but if I'm honest I had to look up exactly what to do with it. When do you use it? Is it like a face mask for the hair? etc. Well, it says that you should plaster it on to damp hair and style. So, leave it on the hair when you go out? Er, anyone care to enlighten me *bitdense* Anyway, I look forward to using it!

Dr Bronner Magic Liquid Soap

A soap that you can use for many, many things apparently. Want to wash your face? Use this. Your hands? This will do. Your elbows? You get the idea. That's why it's called magic. It sounds super moisturising, containing extra virgin coconut, olive and hemp oils.

Como Shambhala

 A body lotion containing oil too, so again a very moisturising cream, perfect for the cold weather which tends to dry the skin out. It claims to put you in a 'perfectly uplifting mood' too, which I will be testing out!


So that's it for now. Have you got this month's Glossybox? What do you think of it? And do you know how the cotton socks to use the hair lotion?

Thanks for everyone who comments and joins, you put a little smile on my face :)

17 comments:

  1. I got this Glossybox too, I totally sympathise with the 'relaxing balm', I hadn't a clue what to do with it! I love DuWop venom, but was a little weirded out by the colour of this gloss, although I'm looking forward to giving it a try. I've heard good things about the Dr. Bronner soap too! Happy testing :)

    Sarah x

    www.smallestsarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I haven't received my GlossyBox this month yet (had an issue with my debit card expiring), but I hope I get the DuWop lip venom... it sounds rather lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pigment is so pretty! Can't wait for my first glossybox to arrive next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when lipgloss sticks to your lips, the pigment is lovely though :)

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stuff. I would really love glossybox but I don't think it's available in Nigeria. I'm following u, please follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't do glossybox or anything of that kind! But great reviews nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really want to try glossybox!

    thanks for the comment on my blog :)
    XOXO, BECCA
    http://fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for following!
    I'm following you too ;)

    Does the lipgloss makes your lips fuller?
    Because of the tingling sensation.



    http://style-chameleon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these things, glossybox sounds really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks very much for your comment, we really appreciate it!!:)

    Aw, this box looks great!!

    xoxo from Spain,

    http://vitavie-w.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful shimmer! I haven't ordered a glossy box yet but I want to try now xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so funny!!! I never heard of the glossybox, but today at work i colleague came to me and told about the glossybox. And now i see you blog about it, hihi. ;-). Okay when you read it mabye it's not so funny, but when i saw you blog i had a smile on my face!!

    Thanks for following!!!

    XxX
    http://fabulousstylews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. the lip gloss looks very pretty on you ;) I need to get me a box now!

    Lovely blog you got here, hope you will come check mines out if you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i've always wanted to try glossybox- just seems a bit too expensive! i like the shimmer :) xx

    ReplyDelete