Wednesday 28 March 2012

Orangey nails

So I have been feeling the love for orange at the moment. Orange lipstick, orange dresses, but mostly orange nails. For a girl who usually wears black, this is pretty big.

I have 2 shades of orange (/coral) nail polish in my collection at the moment.

One is my VERY orangey orange (orange is such a weird word when you say it over and over, isn't it?) polish called 'Tangerine Dream' by Rimmel.

As you can see, it is really rather orange- and this is after only one coat. It lasts pretty well- most nail polishes, even OPI and higher end brands, seem to last about 3/4 days on me. If anyone knows how to make it last longer, let me know!

I've been using a clear nail polish as a base (rather than a specified 'base coat') as I want to avoid nasty nail stainage- it seems to be working at the moment.


The second shade is 'Coral Romance' again by Rimmel. This colour has red undertones, and I think I prefer this one. I would love a pair of shoes in this shade. Or a skirt.

Anyway, back to the nail polish. I put two coats on this time to achieve this finish. It has lasted pretty well so far and it makes me feel all happy and summery when I look down at my nails. Can't ask for more than that.

Now I'm off to watch Waterloo Road :) xx

PS Thanks for all your lovely comments on my last post. You (along with my nails) make me smile.

27 comments:

  1. Cool colour!



    http://style-chameleon.blogspot.com/

    LAST WEEK FOR MY MARC BY MARC JACOBS FRIENDSHIP BRACELET GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love coral romance, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, lovely colour!
    I had the philly just on bread! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that nail colour!
    Krissy xoxo

    www.stylesansan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a lovely summery colour! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just used a pink polish but I love orange.
    You look pretty in your last post.
    xo
    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! and yay for orange lipstick, one of my faves :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES to Coral Romance, that is so, so pretty! Thank you for all your sweet comments by the way, it always makes my day when I see you've commented! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my orange nail varnish too! I really do think its so underappreciated!

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your nails! They scream spring so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow....I really really love these colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Orange is a great, happy color. My guy friend wore an orange top hat to the school dance! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I stained my nails with this so badly the first time I used it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty nails! i love the color! thanks for your lovely comment!

    http://underfashionarrest.blogspot.com
    http://underfashionarrest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this orange colour it is sooo summery :) I hope you will follow my blog

    leopardinleather.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love orange nails. I had my nails painted a neon shade of orange last week. It was awesome.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  17. really pretty colour, perfect for the sunshine :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your orange nails are beautiful, such a happy color!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey hun. I have awarded you a blog award. xx
    http://brighttowngirl.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/blogger-appreciation-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. These colours are both gorgeous! I'm not normally a huge orange fan (although love coral!) but they're so juicy and summery! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love colours like this for summer! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that colour!! I'm new on the net..take a look if u want! Maybe we could follow each other? =)

    Xx Elisa

    http://degenerationmode.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete