Sunday 25 March 2012

OOTD and Camden Jaunt

Sun! I'm so happy to see a bit of sun. It really affects my mood (but unfortunately makes me want to avoid work, ah well, swings and roundabouts).

Today the bf and I went on a little walk to Camden Town.

Here is what I wore

I love this floral dress from Topshop. It was around £40 before christimas, but I got it in the sale for around £25-pretty bargainous I think! It's a strapless dress with a little heart shape hole in the back. This is also the first time that I have got my (pasty white) legs out this year. And my perilously high wedges. I had a fair few wobblefalls on the walk there.

I also wore my Topshop super round glasses that I spoke about in yesterday's Youtube video. Whaddya think? Quite like them myself actually :) Think they would look good with a beanie hat and jeans. Or a long white floaty dress and floral headband. Not sure the bf is too keen, but there we go.

Camden itself was buzzing, which gave it a lovely holiday feel (even if it was crazybusy in the market!) It was actually lovely to see people milling about and generally having a nice time.


I did something mean in Starbucks, and am feeling a bit bad about it. My bf was sitting down at a table outside whilst I went to buy some drinks. As it was busy, someone came to sit down in the chair next to us and tried to share our tiny table. When I came back, I let them keep the chair, but moved the table closer to us. I hate sitting too close to other people in restaurants/coffee shops and we had the table first! Bit selfish I know :( Whoops. Not frequenting church anymore, this is my alternative to confession ;) Do you forgive me?

We also went to Cybercandy, the fantastic sweets shop that sells confectionery from all over ze globe. Like Hershey's kisses and Mountain Dew (sadly they didn't have any diet Mountain Dew, otherwise I would have loaded up!) We spotted a beer that had a woman that looked like me on the bottle, though you can really see here. The girl looks a bit quizzical/stupid and the drink is called So-duh (as in duh, you fool and soda drink-clever, huh?)

I also bought two gorgeous dresses from a stall in Camden market. This is a nice orangey dress with a little cat print on it. Will go nicely with my coraley orange Topshop lipstick in 'Charmed' methinks.

The cat print up close.

The second is a muddy green colour with ladies and gentlemen with umbrellas printed on it! Different, but a little bit cute.


So all in all a lovely day! I should be getting on with a bit of work (not faiiiiiiiir) and then tonight we're meeting some friends and going to a lovely little veggie restaurant called 'The Gate' in Hammersmith.

Hope you're all enjoying the sun :) xx

37 comments:

  1. awesome post :)
    there's no need to feel too bad about the starbucks incident, it's perfectly understandable
    i'm loving your new dresses - the cat print one is my absolute favourite!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your floral dress! Really like your latest purchases too :)

    AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two dresses you bought are amazing! I love the cat print one especially, XO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the dress you wore and the ones you bought are beautiful! I love the orange one so much though - the pattern is gorgeous, and I bet it looks great on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the dresses are gorgeous. I would have done the same in Starbucks so don't feel bad. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the dresses! perfect for spring! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny, I just posted pictures of my dress I bought at the Camden markets. :D I LOVE your new one with the cats, so cute!

    Xx, Saritschka.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I really like your blog dear, keep posting!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cat print dress is AMAZING! I need it in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those dresses are so fun! looks like you had a really nice time :) xx
    my blog: boho vanity

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those dresses are a great score.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that dress with the ladies on...it's really pretty! Looks like you had a lovely day...I can't believe how nice the weather is!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. the printed dress is so cute and the shades are as well
    <3 LIKE

    x the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely spring dress!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both of those dresses you bought, they are so cute and great for spring and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thansk for the lovely comment. next time you shop at mod dolly heres 10% off. just use discount code ELENA at the checkout. thanks again xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooo love the dresses you bought! I've never been to Camden Market but i'd love to go one day; sounds so nice! I'm the same with people sitting close to me - lack of personal space! :') xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of the dresses you've acquired are beautiful! They are so feminine ^.^

    sending you happy spells

    amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those dresses are so lovely! I love days where it's warm enough to just go for a walk in summer clothes, they instantly make me happy :)

    Hope you had a lovely time out!

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. you are too cute! love the dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, girl. Jap, that's the one & I absolutely love it. Camden market rocks! <3

    Have a nice day! XX

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love that cat dress! glad you had a lovely day <3

    http://doodleheartx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love camden in the sun the dresses print are fab!x

    ReplyDelete
  24. the dresses are amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. love those dresses they're gorgeous!

    thanks for the comment on my blog,
    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. such a cute dress! and those sungigs are blummin' lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. i LOVE both of those dresses. i want them both. you have a darling blog, happy i found it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a beautiful blush color on you!! And I love love love this coral/orange printed dress you got!! First time on your blog and loved it!! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    Let's Twitter Together
    Friend and Fan on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  29. cute dresses!!!


    http://exquisitusfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE the dress and you look so sweet :)

    Dear, I am hosting FoxHouse international giveaway currently, where you can win $50 worth of Apparels and Shoes....If you want we can follow each other !!

    Enter FoxHouse giveaway and win $50
    ♡ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awsome outfit, I love the dresses you bought too, the cat print is AMAZING !!! I've awarded you the versatile blogger award, http://sheworefashionout.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/recent-purchases-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. I bet Camden's been gorgeous in this lovely weather! I should go there more often it's only a bus ride away.
    I love the dresses you bought too! Very cute and original xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. i LOVE these prints...awesome finds. love the styles as well. starbucks does get a bit crowded...and the regulars tend to get territorial over certain tables, lol!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love all three dresses, they are all so cute and those sunglasses are pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. i really love these pieces! great purchases

    hope you'll visit back
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete