I just went into Boots and Superdrug and splurged. Whoops.
I've been wanting to try some pore cleansing strips for a while now, primarily because I have a 'thing' for seeing dirt being extracted, always have. When I was a child I was obsessed with our Dyson vacuum cleaner because you can see all the dirt and dust you collect from the house and throw it away at the end. I guess it's very cathartic and makes me feel cleeeeeean. Which is always a good feeling.
So the way this works is pretty simple;
1) Cleanse your face as usual
2) Splash water on your nose so that the strip will stick
3) Place strip over nose area and flatten to ensure contact with the skin
4) Leave on for 10-12 minutes, or until it becomes stiff
5) Remove and marvel at the grime that was in your pores.
To be honest I was disappointed because I didn't see much grime at all! In fact, none on the nose area and only a bit from the crevice between the nose and cheek. I don't know if that is because the product didn't work, or because my pores are pretty unclogged anyway. Hmm. Whatcha think?
Have you tried this sort of thing before? Did it 'work'?