Thursday 12 April 2012

Deep Action Pore Cleansing

I just went into Boots and Superdrug and splurged. Whoops.

I've been wanting to try some pore cleansing strips for a while now, primarily because I have a 'thing' for seeing dirt being extracted, always have. When I was a child I was obsessed with our Dyson vacuum cleaner because you can see all the dirt and dust you collect from the house and throw it away at the end. I guess it's very cathartic and makes me feel cleeeeeean. Which is always a good feeling.

I opted for Superdrug's own cleansing strips, which were £2 for a box containing 4 strips. Each strip is individually wrapped and you can only use them once.

Looking ridiculously happy, awaiting the grime ;)

So the way this works is pretty simple;

1) Cleanse your face as usual
2) Splash water on your nose so that the strip will stick
3) Place strip over nose area and flatten to ensure contact with the skin
4) Leave on for 10-12 minutes, or until it becomes stiff
5) Remove and marvel at the grime that was in your pores.

To be honest I was disappointed because I didn't see much grime at all! In fact, none on the nose area and only a bit from the crevice between the nose and cheek. I don't know if that is because the product didn't work, or because my pores are pretty unclogged anyway. Hmm. Whatcha think?

Have you tried this sort of thing before? Did it 'work'?

17 comments:

  1. That just probably means your pores are not clogged:) I like the Biore ones myself...it's pretty scary what I see after I'm done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried these ones before and they weren't that great! Try Boots' Tea Tree and Witch Hazel peel off mask, it's good for pore declogging:) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pores are probably pretty clean! Lucky you :p I've used the £1 strips from Wilkisons before and even seen some dirt lifting, I might need to upgrade to a different brand to get the full effect :p xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have used these before, and felt quite disappointed with them! But the Biore range is pretty good!

    http://jessicasjunkbox.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, it is so satisfying seeing all the dirt. Hoovering is one of my favourite chores. lol. I have never got on with pore strips before, they just don't seem to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried this before and had the same results! Nothing seemed to happen, but my skin felt a little smoother. Love the last photo, haha.

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I have awful nose pores and those things still never worked for me, never really solved the problem actually... gotta love a good splurge in Boots tho, got some fun wash in/out hair colour the other day, can't wait to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used this before, but it didn't work that much :( I was disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. those never worked for me :/ i use an extractor now- hurts like hell but the gunk comes out!

    Jordan xx
    - Boho Vanity Giveaway -

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do tend to have problems with clogged pores so I'm definitely not a stranger to a good nose strip! I tend to use the Asian brand Biore ones that I get from eBay. Sometimes they work better than others, it's all down to the preparation. I find that sticking a warm flannel on your nose for a few mins beforehand really makes a difference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to use these but didn't have much luck. I prefer peel off face masks these days - they feel a little more luxurious and I wouldn't be mortified if my partner walked in and saw me with a face mask on, the nose strips on the other hand...!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love using these! Perhaps you didn't have very clogged pores, lucky!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for posting this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never tried pore strips, actually... Bummer they didn't do much for you!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've tried these too! Didn't get very good results! If anyone knows of good pore strips please let me know!
    http://girlwiththebrightredlips.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. hmm I've wanted to try this sort of thing for ages! may have to venture out in other brands

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE that you popped a photo up of you testing the strip out! :) S.x x www.theraspberrybranch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete