Tuesday 17 April 2012

Brownie lips-MUA and Natural Collections

A while ago I fell in love with the Natural Collections lipstick in shade 'Fig Leaf'. To me, it looked like the perfect nudey brown colour with a hint of pink. However, I couldn't find it in the shops near me for a while, then the other day when I went in, there it was (in a 3 for 2 offer!) so I bought it.

However, and it pains me to say this, I wasn't so sure when I tried it on my lips at home.

 I don't know...it's ok. Quite neutral, not offensive, just not how I remembered it. Instead of letting it go to waste, I thought I'd mix things up a bit and mix it with my MUA lip gloss, which is a pretty similar colour.I never usually mix my colours, (though I need to start!) so this was a bit of an experiment I have to say, I think I'm quite happy with the results...not my usual look/colour, but not bad!

Looking at these photos, I think I like it both ways now! The lipstick by itself isn't as bad as I thought. Useful post here!

These items were really cheap- the MUA gloss (shade 3 by the way) was £1 and the Natural Collections lippy was £1.99.

The only negative thing I have to say about the lip gloss is that it tastes DISGUSTING. Obviously I don't eat it, but I can taste what's on my lips! It tastes synthetic and...I can't describe it, just gross. You get used to it though, so it's ok after a while, haha.

Do you often mix your lip shades? What's your favourite combination?

12 comments:

  1. That's a good idea! And I think it looks really cute, mixed with the lipgloss. :)

    Xx, Saritschka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks really lovely on you, I love the colour! Not too bright, and could be worn whenever really!
    Love Charlie xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I often mix the lipstick shades :D I love that colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a really nice shade (:

    souvenirspourtoujours.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yer I love mixing a lipstick shade with gloss if its a bit to crazy a colour and I don't want it to be so strong or just to mix it up. I don't mind the lipstick colour, its quite nice! Perfect with a bright cheek! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really good on you, and I love the shade when you mixed it up!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks really nice on you.!
    Enter my ROMWE giveaway! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't deal with make up products on my lips that taste awful although I must say it does look good glossy !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love mixing lip shades and I really want to try out some brown shades now :) x

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. most time i do red on red..then gloss on top

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried mixing lip shapes before but maybe I should start! Thanks for the follow hun now following your blog :)
    p.s. your gorgeous!

    xo

    ReplyDelete