Tuesday 5 November 2013

The Winter Coat

Almost every winter I have a debate with myself over the (very serious) matter of winter coats. Do I continue wearing my beloved but worn number, or do I begin the long task of finding the 'perfect' winter coat? (or at least one that doesn't make me resemble the michelin man...)

This is last year's winter coat:


I got it from the petite section in Topshop for the reasonable sum of £70. It definitely served me well and I still wear it when I want to feel snug and cosy. 

This year, I wanted to go for something slightly more sophisticated. Actually, it was inspired by a woman I saw in Starbucks. She was wearing a sheer shirt, so sheer that you could see her bra! I mean, seriously! Aside from that, she was wearing a sophisticated black coat which looked rather lovely. Don't know what taking fashion inspiration from a lady that feels the need to flash says about me, but whatever. It was a nice coat!

Probably because I had a coat style in mind, I found my perfect winter coat in a flash (ha!) I went into Zara and found this straight away. 





This was £109. Slightly more expensive than my last, but there we go. It's not the thickest of coats, which personally I like. However, you can crank up the warmth factor with a big old snuggly scarf, like so: 


 Have you managed to find your 'perfect' winter coat yet?

9 comments:

  1. I found my winter coat in Next, however now craving something more casual I'm heading to Zara for a duffel coat! Love yours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you can ever have enough winter coats in this country! I love your new one, so chic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely winter coats!

    xx Mounia
    www.nonchalantrebel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. really nice winter coats! the second one is my favourite! <3

    Check out my new outfit post on blog! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coat!! <3

    XxX
    http://fabulousstylews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooo cute *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute coat!
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your blog <3
    would you like to follow each other? :)
    www.lusciousstyle.blogspot.com
    Daria

    ReplyDelete