Sunday 17 November 2013

A Little Bit of Skirt

When I'm not in a black dress and oversized cardi, I love wearing little patterned skirts. They add a touch of colour and interest to my otherwise witchy black wardrobe. I thought I'd photograph a few from my collection to make me remember what I do have and encourage me to switch it up a little more often.


Zara sale £10

I  absolutely love this little wraparound skirt. In fact, I really like the wraparound style in general. If you know of any interesting skirts in this style, please let me know! I love the aztecy patterns and the particular shades of blue on this skirt. Always feel a little bit more confident in it.


Primark. Probably £10
Sorry, I'm so rubbish with remembering prices! Maybe I should leave them out, but I've started now. Anyway, this inexpensive skirt is another fave. I like the way that it sits above my hips and of course is in the usual flowy style. Tartan print= thumbs up from me (and on trend etc etc).


Urban Outfitters, £38.
  Even though this is slightly expensive for what it is (UO in a nutshell) I was still drawn to this pretty floral skirt. This one is good for layering. I've got a story to tell about Urban Outfitters...I've gone off of the shop recently because of this, and I will share it with you because I trust you, yes. So, I was in the changing room trying on a skirt very similar to this, but with a tartan print. I had a size S and found that it didn't fit right. I asked the sales assistant for an XS and she radioed someone asking for that size. I waited for a bit and then poked my head out of the changing room to see what was going on. Sales lady came up to me and said 'sorry you've been waiting. What size was it you wanted again, a large?' Instead of correcting her, I had to hold back tears and ended up squeaking 'don't worry' and ran out of the shop. Ha. Upset me though. 


Zara sale. 
Really can't remember the price of this one. I love the swishiness of this skirt. It's quite a thick material but not too stiff and feels really good quality. Love wearing this with a bright red lip. 


17 comments:

  1. I love the first skirt!



    www.style-chameleon.com

    PANDORA BRACELET GIVEAWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to wear skirts more! Your Zara wraparound one is my favourite, it's so unique xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wrap around skirt from Zara looks amazing on you :) xx

    www.ohsoaddictedtobeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the beautiful Skirts! Great Collection!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never wear my skirts! I need to start doing that! Haha! :)

    Hope you're having a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a huge skirt lover, just as you! The first one is simply amazing, though all of them look really great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the primark tartan skirt! need to find it in the nottingham store! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. really nice look, I like this post! I'm ur new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great post! Love the skirts! :)
    xoxo

    www.modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete