Saturday 9 November 2013

(Oversized) Cardigan Queen

Cardigan Queen...that's me. I consider an outfit incomplete without a good cardi. Now, this may have something to do with my dislike of my arms and the cold weather in England, but let's ignore that for a moment. Cardigans are super. They are warm and cosy, there are so many different styles and patterns and they definitely jazz up a little black dress.

My favourite cardigans of all are those that are oversized and pretty much double as a blanket. Perfect, portable hideaway space. Here's just a few of mine (the b/f got tired of taking photos):




The first is this chunky ivory cable knit from Topshop. I purchased this from the Petite section of Topshop a fair few years ago and it's still going strong. Sometimes I find the chunkiness a bit overbearing when I'm moving around, like I just want to whip it off, but it's perfect for the chilly weather. And, I have to say, I quite like the way it looks.



Next is this Grey/White cardi from River Island, I think. I'm not usually keen on the stuff from River Island...it tends to be a bit bling for my (granny-like) taste, but sometimes it comes up with a few gems. This is substantial without being too chunky. Still nice and cosy. Being monochrome, it goes with my mostly black wardrobe but still, shockhorror, adds a bit of brightness.



These photos aren't too clear (didn't want to pester S too much!) but this one is a fairly thin green cable knit from Primark. I bought it last year, I think, so not sure if they have something similar this year. I love the dark Autumnal colouring of this one, and should wear it more often than I should.



Last but not least, what I call my grandad jumper, because it looks like something my gdad would have worn in the 90s. Purple, with black diamonds zigzagging all over it, It's a whopper of a cardi and verges on looking like I raided my dad's wardrobe, rather than simply oversized, but I do love it. I got it from Urban Outfitters a few years ago. The material is actually quite scratchy, but I still loves it.

Are you a cardigan fan? Any to recommend?

14 comments:

  1. They are so cozy!!! Oh, i love your hair, long with perfect colour :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!
    I love these jumers, they seem so cozy.
    Great to have for days like these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually don't own many cardigans but so I need more of them after this post!



    www.style-chameleon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cosy cardigans too! :) they all look lovely on you! Xx

    www.ohsoaddictedtobeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am quite envious of your cardigan collection! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post! Love your blog!

    SSSx
    www.stylestreetstalker.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. An oversized cardi is what I need right now!

    www.bootyfurl.co.uk
    UK Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. looove your cardigans! I need some more xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got to love over-sized cardigans :) they're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the second cardigan <3

    XxX
    http://fabulousstylews.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.nl/fabulousstylews

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hardly ever wear cardigans, I should though because yours look so cosy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, I love oversized cardigans, the're just so cozy! Amazing post, you got quite a lot of them haha :)

    ReplyDelete