Monday 7 May 2012

Topshop Lipsticks

It seems like my last few posts have all been about Topshop! For that I truly apologise, but, you know, they do have a few good lipsticks.

The other day I purchased a few more, namely Brighton Rock and Popsicle. 

Popsicle

 The first is a lip marker. Now, I am a fan of lip stains/markers. I prefer them to lipsticks in general, as they tend to last longer and don't come off when you drink/eat. I put them on before work, and voila, I'm pretty much sorted for the day.

So this already had the plus point of being a lip marker. I was umming and ahhing between this and a bright pink called Tease which I'd describe as a barbie pink with a hint of mauve. Initially I thought it was difficult to wear, but I grew to like it. I don't know, maybe I will get it one day, but this, which I see as a toned down pinker version of Tease won this time.

Take a look!





Colour 
This is a gorgeous summery light pink, but is nowhere near as vibrant as it appears in the stick (which is probably a good thing!) I can imagine wearing it with my white lace dress for summer weddings, or with my floral numbers during the summer. I love it when I can visualise what I'd wear my lipstick with, or rather which outfits it would 'complete'.

Formula
This is a typical lip stain formula, well pigmented and glides on really nicely. It takes a little longer to sink into the lips than my other lip stains, which just makes it feel more moisturising.  It lasts for a good 3/4 hours on me, longer than a lipstick but slightly shorter than my Rimmel/other lip stains.

And here's a silly photo to top off the mini-review!

Brighton Rock 

 Colour
Now this lipstick I'm not so sure about. It's mainly the colour than I have an issue with. It's a pinky orangey colour, and actually looks a lot more orange than this on my lips. Even though I love bright colours, I'm just not sure how much they suit my pale skin. Maybe they'd look a bit better with a tan...I'm just not sure. What do you think? 


Formula

The formula is the same as the others in the Topshop lipstick range- really moisturising and easy to apply. I am a big fan of Topshop lipstick formulas, which are well suited to my dry lips (can't take mattes!) 

I would say that Topshop lipsticks are comparable to Mac, and cost £8, a fair few pounds cheaper than Mac.  



13 comments:

  1. I love the first color on you! I really want to try a lip stain, they sound so much easier than lipstick. Whenever I wear lipstick I tend to wipe it off in less than a half hour because I am afraid it is wearing off. Kinda crazy. Anywho...

    OH!! I got my first MAC product ever today in the mail from winning a blog giveaway - lipstick in the color Angel. I definitely thought of your last post when I opened it :] Can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these both look lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of the colours, they both suit you! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks so cute, like a lip stain

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know Topshop did lipstains! I'm definitely gonna have a look see for one! They both really suit you :)

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think the second colour *really* suits you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popsicle looks SO pretty, it's the perfect summer pink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know about this range of topshop lip products, they look lovely on you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these colours look gorgeous on you! More tempted than ever to get a Toppers lip marker now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Topshop is awesome, so I understand why you have been writing about it so much.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great!

    xoxo Sootjeelina <3

    ReplyDelete